Live from Opportunity Collaboration: Interviews, Reflections and Stories
October 15-21, 2017 marked the 8th annual Opportunity Collaboration event that convened 400 global changemakers committed to building sustainable solutions to poverty and supporting the impact ecosystem through their work. This gathering brought together social entrepreneurs, impact founders, impact investors, foundations, academic faculty and administration, impact media, nonprofit executives and more.
Spanning multiple days, and taking place at an all-inclusive venue, this unique unconference/conference/leadership retreat/international changemaker gathering gives participants ample opportunity to engage with each other, deepen connections, step away to reflect, recharge, and connect with the ocean and outdoors. This comparative abundance of time and opportunity nicely lends to exploring and furthering collaboration with others in the space.
I had the chance to attend Opportunity Collaboration as a Boehm Media Fellow, and through the opportunity had a chance to co-facilitate workshops on topics related to social media and digital distribution and also create podcast episodes live at Opportunity Collaboration. You can find all of the related podcast episodes here.
In this podcast episode, you will hear mini-interviews and soundbytes recorded over various days at Opportunity Collaboration to help get a sense of the event, how to make the most of it, and what has inspired people to return year and again. Listen in or scroll below to learn about the guests and connect with and support their causes.
Learn more about the individuals and organizations featured in this episode. Guests:
- (~2:25) Nerma Albertorio, Centro para Emprendedores
- Connect: check them out on Facebook here
- (~9:40) Pamela Roussos, Miller Center for Social Entrepreneurship at Santa Clara University
- Connect: check out the new Accelerator Selection Tool on conveners.org
- (~14:20) Nancy Hughes, StoveTeam International
- (~19:30) Alex Grossman, Global Greengrants Fund
- (~19:30) Kristin Boehm, Impact Hub Santa Barbara
- (~19:30) Meena Palaniappan, Atma Connect
- (~23:51) Joao Gouveia, Zihro Plastic
- (~23:51) Erwin Rodriguez, Azulita Project
- (~26:43) Oscar Abello, Next City, Fast Company
- (~26:43) Sofia Huizar, ProMujer
- (~32:00) Marlys & Ron Boehm, Boma Investments LLC
- (~34:00) Kristi Ferrel, Boma Investments LLC and Boehm Media Fellowship
- (~36:04) Nana Kofi Acquah, www.nkacquah.com, @africashowboy
Original post in innov8social